Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's been since May?

Wow, I was the last person to add an entry on May 20th? Where has everyone been?

Well, I have to keep this short, but I thought I would talk about the WizardWorld Chicago Con this year. This was my 6th or 7th time I have gone since 1997 (1997, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, and 2007). I don't really remember if I went in 2001 or 2002. I have always enjoyed going to the Con. You can't beat the people and the deals there.

This year I went to find a few items. I don't buy much for comic books anymore and what I buy are usually trades or graphic novels. I went looking for Clerks series Inaction Figures, namely the Chasing Amy series, Futurama Tin Toys and signs, and some other random items.

I found the Inaction Figures at the View Askew booth, but at $10 it is hard to just snatch them up so I walked the whole area looking for some of them at the normal booths. I found 1 that I bought for $6. All of the rest nowhere to be found. I did snatch the other at the View Askew booth and paid $46 dollars for the set instead of $50. I stsill couldn't find Randall from Series 1 though. I still can't believe that I passed up Randall in 2005 for $5 because I thought I needed Dante and instead bought him for $5.

As for Futurama stuff, I found a couple of places that was selling Futurama stuff by Rocket USA, but it was either really overpriced or stuff I already have. I am only looking for the Nibbler Tin Wind-up and some of the original Tin Signs. I have yet to ever see any of the signs at the Con.

Guess who I saw there this year...Rocket USA. For the last 4 or so years I have been waiting for them to have a booth at the Con because they are based in Chicago. I have been looking for their items for at least 4 years, and they have never had a booth. Now that they have discontinued the signs and Nibbler they have a booth which means I couldn't even buy from them directly.

Either way the Con was great again this year. I am already looking forward to next year.

No comments: